|Edgar Villchur Helped Re-Define High Fidelity|
- Acoustic suspension woofer system, which allowed true bass from a small enclosure.
- The philosophy of accurate sound reproduction from a speaker, along with the requisite specifications. especially linearity and dispersion.
- He was a pioneer in the technique of audio delay by a tape loop.
- Dedicated public listening rooms (in Grand Central Station and Harvard Square.)
- Live versus record public concerts, where musicians alternated with recordings of their performance.
- Simulated "live vs recorded" as a R&D technique for subjective evaluation of new speaker designs.
- Not only anechoic loudspeaker measurement but also reverberant in a twenty sided polyhedron of his own design of which no two sides were parallel or perpendicular to each other.
- The development of an audiophile turntable for the mass market.
AR, KLH, EPI, Burhoe Acoustics, Audio Products International, Genesis Physics, Direct Acoustics and ZVOX Audio, a long trail...